For more information about PCOM, click here.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Welcome, Class of 2016!

Let me be one of the first to welcome the newest members of the PCOM DO student body--the Class of 2016 (hooah)! Congratulations on taking the first step towards fulfilling your dream of becoming a physician, saving the world, curing the common cold and all that good stuff. Eh, you're going to hear about 100 variations of that over the next week, because nearly every major administrator/department head/bigwig clinician will be speaking to you for what will seem to be FOREVER.

I hope orientation goes well for all of you, and don't go too crazy at the after-hours events, because you definitely don't want to be known as "the girl that blacked out and ended up on a bus headed for Jersey." Oh, and don't get all hyper-gunnery, because that's not the best way to make friends, either. One of my main mantras in life (borrowed from a wise member of the Jersey Shore cast) is, "Just do you," and ask any of my friends--I say it quite often (to the point where I have to find an alternative phrase to say when in front of attendings/residents).

I wish I was there to be the loudest member of the PCOM Welcome Wagon (and ask any 2015er, that's not an exaggeration), but alas, I'm 5,000 miles away lying on the beach studying gastroenterology. Although you have many members of the Class of 2015 at your disposal, I'm always here for any questions; just shoot an email to studentlife@pcom.edu.