For more information about PCOM, click here.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's the little things.

Scene: Sitting the auditorium after class, studying (with the help of my friends Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest). Enter WCN, classmates and Twitter fiend (who still teases me about being a "Twitter quitter"...like I could get a single thought down to 140 characters.)


WCN: The water fountain's almost up to 6,000 bottles!! We should fill our bottles so that we're the 6,000th one!


(Our school recently installed eco-friendly water bottle refilling stations, which track how many plastic bottles you've saved from entering a landfill. To someone that went to a hippie undergrad, seeing these contraptions made my polar-bear-loving heart leap for joy. )


What a normal person would say: Um. Okay. Not really that big a deal. Go ahead and have fun...?
What I said: OMG NO WAY REALLY?! I'VE BEEN HOPING TO BE THE 6,000TH BOTTLE!! *runs out of auditorium*


So that's what we did. And if that wasn't dorky enough, we took pictures--me with my signature double peace signs, him for his next tweet (and I even got hashtagged!). The refilling stations ARE kinda sweet...you know something's a hit when a guy who looks like he could crush me with his bare hands turns to his friend and goes, "Brah, I freakin' love this thing."