For more information about PCOM, click here.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I can't even contain my excitement right now.

So many things to tell you about, yet so much studying to be done. Posts will go up during study breaks. 

As a teaser, here's what to look forward to: 
1. Mustache contest "afters." I was just browsing the photos from the school photographer, and they are, in one word, epic.

2. AAO Convocation, aka "OMM-a-palooza." I got a statement from the OMM Club President who went to this year's convo in Nashville (and was elected the SAAO's National Vice-Chair!), so he'll be my guest blogger.

3. 2nd Annual Student Leadership Awards Banquet, which is tomorrow! It is the last big event for this year's student leaders, and I am so excited. This year's leaders have been nothing short of amazing (and made my job fun), and I cannot wait to congratulate them on a job well done. Awards are also given during the banquet, and the student government advisor said I get to be like Miss Golden Globe (you know, the girl that hands all the winners their awards, usually the daughter of a celeb, gets to wear a couture gown and brush fingers with Hollywood royalty? I get to be her! Instead my parents are not celebs and my dress will be from JCPenney. I will still be brushing fingers with PCOM royalty.)


But first, TOUCH (Translating Osteopathic Understanding into Community Health). TOUCH is a way to recognize students for outstanding dedication to community service by keeping track of how many hours they complete throughout the year. This year's Osteopathic Medicine Council brought back TOUCH, and this is what one of the moderators had to say: 

"We had 149 people participate, and as a school we logged 6775 hours! 40 people were silver winners logging more than 50 hours, and 16 people were gold winners logging more than 100 hours. Our platinum winner logged 626 hours! Pretty great for our first year back!!"

You know the only thing that could make this better? That's right--a photobooth. Or fro-yo.